Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Femism and the destruction of the family

I want to go on the record as having written that I am NOT a feminist.  The two reasons are simple.  First, I'm not a feminist because I don't need to be.  I don't need a political "leg up" in order to find some sort of validation for my life, stepping on men just because they are men, or using the fact that I am a woman to suggest that I am somehow more deserving of proper and fair treatment.  For many years I worked in radio, which was and to some degree still is more heavily a male profession; however, I have never been discriminated against in my profession due to my gender.  Discrimination certainly exists, and I know it when I see it, but many things that women point to and call discrimination amount to nothing more than the women not getting their way.  What's their answer?  Very often, it's suggesting that their failures or simply not getting what they want are the result of unfair treatment due to their gender.  The second and most important reason that I am not a feminist is because feminism, which started out as a vehicle through which women were able to achieve equal treatment in business and education, has turned into a horned monster that is more responsible for the decline in a moral society and the breakdown of the family unit that anything else.  Feminists don't want equal treatment, they want special treatment.  They don't want equal rights, they want more.  They don't want equal pay for equal work, they want special consideration and a set of rules by which men are forced to play, while feminists can justify just about anything they do by saying that they were driven to it by men.  That's just nuts, and a pathetic attempt to manipulate situations and people rather than deal with them on equal footing.  When advocating abortion, women don't want control of their own bodies and reproduction as much as they want control over men.  Feminism has, through media, music, commercials and movies, sought to belittle men and present them as unfortunately overeducated idiots who are always "one-upped" by women while their faults, real or imagined, are pointed out and magnified while a woman is always portrayed as the one who comes through and saves the day.  These types of women speak as if, by virtue of estrogen alone, they are somehow more entitled and more able than their male counterparts, and more deserving of a work or education environment that caters to them and morphs into whatever the women say it should be.  I'm sorry ladies, but we aren't created the same.  We are different.  We have our own set of strengths and weaknesses, the latter of which should not be exploited by men, but the former of which should instead be praised and appreciated for what they are.  Feminists have created a bad situation for themselves though, by alternately saying, "I am woman, hear me roar!" then,  "He looked at me wrong!  He needs to be humiliated, fired, and I need a check!" or, "I am strong, fearless and in control!"  then, "He said the wrong thing and it made me feel uncomfortable.  I want him to go to sensitivity training, and when his humiliation is complete, I want it to go on his employment record and follow him around forever!"  How must men feel when they have to live in fear of being at the mercy of women who want to run the show wherever they go, and who know that their interpretation of any situation will be accepted, while men are expected to just accept the consequences?  Ladies, I am not talking about all women.  I am talking about the radical feminst women who have somehow managed to turn even regular women into those who feel gender entitlement.  Most feminists aren't happy unless their male coworkers are afraid to even speak in their presence for fear that they won't follow the politically correct nomenclature du jour to a tee and cause themselves grief and financial problems for not following "The Rules".  Sad.  I love my place as a woman.  My husband does not have to "dominate" me in order for me to be scripturally submissive.  My husband loves me as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for her, therefore, it is a pleasure to submit to his authority as the Godly head of our household.  He is not my Lord and Master, he is my partner, my lover, my protector and my friend.  He does not order me around, because I know what my role is within our household.  He works and financially supports our family, while I manage our home.   The cause for much destruction within the family is that a man's position of head of the household is something that feminsts can't stand, and they pass down their disdain for such by ridiculing women who stay home with their children and take care of their homes and their husbands.  No higher calling does a woman have, and no harder job will she ever have, but the rewards are great when they are in the will of God.  Not only do feminists not respect their husbands (if they even marry, as many feminists don't believe in marriage) but also do they seek to change a man from his very core - to remove him from his natural place of authority and protection, and make him a spineless wimp who is at the mercy of his wife and her decisions for herself and for him.  How can we expect marriages to thrive when women and men are constantly having to fight their very natures and become the liberal's dream family with women running the show, disrespecting their husbands, men having to fight to regain the position that God gave them to start with, women fighting tooth and nail to be in control, both jockeying for position instead of praying for unity and seeking God's face and abiding by His will?  More and more marriages are plagued by affairs, physical abuse, substance abuse and divorce as the natural operation of the family goes by the wayside and the "new normal" takes hold and undermines the family from the inside out.  Now, by no means do I suggest that women are doormats or whipping posts, or that they should be treated like children by their husbands.  This is NOT the word of God, and this sort of behavior is as destructive as the behaviors I just mentioned.  If a man loves his wife as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for her, it will be a pleasure for her to submit to his authority and live very well in his love and find comfort in his manliness and protection.  By the same token, men will do beautifully and will usually be happy when their wives take care of them, keeping their homes clean, their meals prepared and herself appealing for him.  In the days when women were home and family driven instead of being career driven, families stayed together more and were generally happier.  Children had security and were properly taught the roles to which they were born.  I am not feminist, and I thank God for my Godly husband.  I love being a woman, and everything that comes with it.

1 comment: